Thursday, November 18, 2010

And So The Search Continues...

Who would've thought that it could take so long to find a job! Today I will be going for a second interview at a great company (from what I can tell), 6 months of searching, could this be the one?

10 years ago searching for and bagging a job was as easy as feeding chocolate to my 3 year old. I had no expectations other than a salary of some sort to see me through my numerous nights of drunken partying, in return I offered full loyalty, a job done well and a non-clock watcher mentality, I didn't leave until the job was done. Now however, my expectations are that of a working mom, allow me time to do my job properly as well as look after my family properly and in turn I will give my loyalty, a job well done and a non-clockwatcher mentality - ie. please let me work from 7-4 instead of 8-5... Simple request right? Wrong! This seemingly simple request has been the stumbling block for many of my 2nd and even 3rd interviews to date, how frustrating and yet I must persevere, I have no other choice.
Me; "Oh Honey by the way, I have decided to give up on this whole job-hunting business, it's just not for me"
Honey; "Ok no problem love, I don't mind if we switch from eating steak and drinking beer to eating pap and drinking water"

Also on the agenda for today:
I am going to try and sneak some pumpkin into tonight's dinner for Princess (my 3 year old who has a distinct aversion to food in general) - Deceptively Delicious , a schneaky cookbook from Jerry Seinfeld's wife Jessica has recently become my bible of sorts but I'll blog more about that when my mind isn't trying to get into "Corporate Mode".

I will also sincerely try and NOT bribe The Monster (my 1 year old who has yet to turn down anything edible besides Purity's Chicken a' la King) with a biscuit in order to keep her from moaning during "suicide hour".

Wish Me Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment